I´m interested in temporal and spatial dynamics of small neuronal networks and single cells.
More details on my current research will follow soon.
My former research included
- Idendification and analysis of small field looming sensitive neurons in the optic lobe of locusts
- Analysis of small neuronal networks of cultured locust's thoracic neurons
- Cell-transitor coupling
- Analysis of neuronal outgrowth on patterned surfaces
- Biocompatibility tests of materials for neuroprosthetics
- Coculture of neurons and muscles on multielectrode arrays
- Toxicology of nanoparticles
Former and recent methods
- electrophysiology: patch-clamp technique, sharp electrode recordings, extracellular recording techniques (e.g. suction or hook electrodes), multi-electrode arrays
- voltage-sensitive dye imaging
- in ovo transfection (electroporation)
- preparations: brain slices (chicken), cell culture (chicken & insects), in vivo (insects)
- confocal laser scanning microscopy